Thursday, August 22, 2013

"You Are Stronger Than You Think!"

Stronger
"You become what you think about." (Earl Nightingale)
There goes that saying, "Life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you are going to get." Well, I like to say, "Life is like an Ocean...you can experience tranquility and you know you will also experience turbulence throughout life's waves." I believe perhaps that is why I feel so connected to water! What an amazing creation we are blessed with! And, what an amazing creator we have to have created us, too!

In life, we ALL have our ups and downs! Whether it be with our faith in relationship with our higher power or ourselves, our total well-being (Spirit, Mind, and Body), our family life, our career, and/or our desires for our our future...we ALL have our choice to ride the wave, or allow ourselves to be taken under.
Our lives mirror the flow of the ocean. Where do you choose to flow?

"He who doubts is like a wave on the ocean,
 which is moved about by the wind and carried away..." 
(James 1:6)

Have you ever had an experience when you are hanging out in the ocean whether it be floating, surfing, or swimming along, and you look up to realize that you are a lot further away than where you laid down your belongings??? Yup, once again...for me the ocean is such a great analogy for my life! If we are not living conscious lives, we can easily be swept away by the winds of this world and end up on the other side of the ocean. "You have within you right now, everything you need to deal with whatever the world can throw at you." (Brian Tracy) We CAN make a conscious choice and a conscious action to surf the wave, directing ourselves into our heart's desires.

To live a conscious life we must be PRESENT. I encourage you to reflect on your life and environment and question yourself, where do you place your belongings??? Where do your priorities lie? Whom do you share your life and heart with? Now, return to your present moment and FORGIVE. Forgive yourself for your past mistakes, and forgive those whom you have been tied to and struggled with to let go. Be present and ride the wave as you create your  desired future. Love Yourself and Love Others!  

Below is a great video by Mandisa singing her song, Stronger. In her song you will hear a powerful verse telling you to hold on a little bit longer when the waves are taking you under, ENJOY!



I encourage you all to step out of your comfort zone and try something new! I have been a runner for many years now...today I stepped out of my comfort zone and created my Running Man in Yoga! Yoga is an outlet that I choose to assist me in my practice of staying present. Through my Yoga experience,  I created my balance, re-alignment, and stillness. I choose to SLOW DOWN!

Rumi says, "You can choose to STAY and FORGIVE..."

No comments:

Post a Comment