Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"A Conscious Path" Triceps/Shoulders

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

Yes! Praise God for all He is and all he has planned for us. Praise God for  "I am, that I am."  Yes he has plans for us, and yes we are are responsible to do our part. He is faithful and unchangeable; and we are changeable. 

In reflection of my past choices pertaining to my health, I am thankful for my past trials. It is in life trials that we build character and strength; learning to persevere despite pain. Taking away our free-will to choose and our trials would deprive us from growing. 

Through my faith, my conscious choices, and my actions I now have my optimal health. Our minds and bodies are constant companions; and I choose to align my lifestyle to nurture and strengthen both. I am establishing my balance. 

Each of us have our own individual paths to achieve a lifestyle of balance. In my past, I have practiced many sports and a variety of exercises to establish my strength. Currently, I choose to return to the basics for strengthening my body. I am returning to isolation weight lifting and resistance training. I will continue my other valuable tools for balance such as, my yoga and nutrition. 

Today, I had a fabulous workout for my triceps (back of my upper arms) and my deltoids (shoulders). To begin my workout, I chose to do 15 min on a elliptical machine as my dynamic (moving) stretching. Then, I accomplished my training with a variety of movements and machines. Below you will find some of my completed examples...Enjoy!


Triceps: Kickbacks with dumb-bells, Rope Pull-down with rope pulley, Supine Barbell French Curl, and Bench Dips with body weight.













Deltoids: Standing Lateral Raises with dumb-bells, Sitting Shoulder Press with dumb-bells, Standing Frontal Raise Rotations with dumb-bells, and Barbell Shrug.






1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just came across your amazing images above! Which book are these taken from?
    Thank you and God bless you Sister!
    Jolanda

    ReplyDelete