Friday, October 26, 2012

"Spirituality or Religion"

Empty Gestures or Meaning...

In society today the word Religion does not hold a really good name. In fact, the word that flows through society with more grace tends to be Spirituality. Most of us loose sight of the most powerful and all encompassing gift of all...LOVE!
What do you choose to align your very being; body and spirit, with? 
I choose Religion. Within my religion I experience Spirituality. After all, we are body and spirit. And in the beginning, God breathed life into us all through Spirit. The Spirit entered me and set me free on my feet. For His grace is sufficient! 
I am, that I am. I desire structure; and I choose to seek knowledge and understanding in it's fullness.Therefor, I enjoy and I am successful with sequential directions, to do lists, and routines. That is where my religion fulfills me. Within my church, I find structure, tradition, and guidelines. When I stray along my journey in my Faith, my religion and church provide me with the tools to get  back on the right path. I choose to be open to receive His graces. And, His grace is sufficient!
Most importantly, I choose to always return to Love. Christ came to us, and He has chosen us to be His Love! What makes us human and separates us and distinguishes us from all other creatures is not our intellect or our free will, but it is our capacity to love. It is with our intellect and our free will that we are able to love.
We are many parts and all ONE body. We are to unite as one through His Love. Everyday we are faced with an option...to love or to destroy. What will you choose? Do you desire Love? Do you embody love?

No comments:

Post a Comment