Wednesday, December 28, 2011

1/2 Marathon Training


I'm counting down...7weeks to go. This February, I will be running this race for my third time. It is beautiful, open & free, sunrise, on compact sand, and delicious food for recovery.

Today, as part of my scheduled training preparation I ran an easy 2 miles. I chose Terry Hershey Park to run at. It is a great park, with many options.
Earlier this morning, before my run I had an MRI done on my right ankle. My left ankle has given me problems for many years, and now my left begins.

If ever injured during a sports/exercise activity always remember...
RICE: Rest, Ice, Compression, & Elevation
In fact, this is important for all First Aid.
With injuries, it is very important to listen to your body. When necessary, visit a doctor. However, be mindful of the doctor's approach and intentions.

I have experienced many $ hungry ones, inexperienced in  a certain specialization, and a handful of holistic, genuine, and intelligent doctors.

You must do your research, ask many questions, listen to your body, and do not let a doctor tell you how you feel. For me and my health...it has been quiet a journey and so far continues to be one. Whatever you do, do not give up and keep searching until you feel you get the right answers and treatment!

Much Love & Best of Health!



No comments:

Post a Comment