Sunday, December 4, 2011

Branches of Life


"A shoot will come up from the stump ...from his roots a Branch will bear fruit. The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him-the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and power..." (Isaiah 11:1-2)

From the ground much is to sprout; many vines and/or branches to be grown. What is your foundation? For if not grounded upon a foundation of God, all else is sinking sand.
There are many times, not just during the Holidays, that I can find my thoughts scattered. Just as I looked up this tree, the branches are of many, overlapping, and a bit chaotic. I thought what beauty of symbolism through nature that God provides for me, again! The beauty is, that I may feel like I am being pulled in many directions, however, I stand grounded in God.

The Graces that are given through His foundation, are that of fruit. Such as, enlightenment, clarity, hope , endurance, love,  forgiveness, and wisdom.  When we choose to seek His truth and understanding, those graces will come.  Just as the more we put a thought into action, the more the dendrites are extending out and making stronger connections in our brain.  Very similar to the fruit we produce and the branches on a tree. The more we put into a thought, the more we give life to it.
It is with God's graces that we are able to discern what is just and of truth. So, as in this season of Advent we are asked to slow down...we are asked with a purpose. We can slow down, choose which thoughts to give life to, and be fruitful.


No comments:

Post a Comment