Monday, March 26, 2012

"Blessed, Beautiful, & Balance"

Hey guys! I began my own challenge this past Saturday...several challenges with messages came my way as a reminder. So, I began this 8 week fitness challenge from the outside. I can do it all myself but, I thought perhaps a push and being surrounded my other challengers might help. 
I got excited, but as my norm with my disease and I believe many out there, the excitement waivers. I find myself stuck in this limbo between whatever "norm" is suppose to be and what my body can actually do to remain healthy. I am so use to myself always on the go and having the superwoman mentality...
Now that my disease has hit me hard, I find myself with the thought process of "I can do all without limitations" which leads into a repeating cycle of deconditioning. It becomes my cycle of chronic pain/fatigue, frustration, failure, high, motivation, etc. and back around again. The crazy thing is if a proper exercise is done on a regular basis, the cycle can be broken. So, I gotta do what I want to do but...oh, wait with BALANCE and not over doing it.
What is that to a wife, mom, passionist, endurance athlete, sister, daughter??? Oh and wait, each person with Fibro/CFS/CPS has to find their individual remedy to keep flare-up's at bay... So, there is the 20 minute rule of thumb for intervals...the thing is my 20 minute intervals I think might need to be applied to my life wholistically speaking. So, this is my struggle...stay active, balance, self-control, and surrender. "I am a work in progress!"
So, let me share my positive message and hope from this past Saturday. For me it was a reminder of God's presence at all times, and His love for me...
The picture above I will close with... So, I got pumped up from starting my fitness challenge and was excited to be near one of my old favorite spots of running. Many miles and memories have been laid on the grounds of Memorial Park. So, I told myself that I was going to listen to my body, yet challenge it on a run around the park. As I normally do when I run, I listen, think, and pray. 
I came to a point of self-doubt in my run, and sure enough God spoke out through a song. Message received, " you are a beautiful girl, watch what you spend your time chasing." A smile came to my face and my motivation gave me a kick. before you knew it, the end to my run was getting very close. Well, as a runner and personal goal of mine, I always like to sprint through the finish line. Right then, I received a nice little kick again through song...praising God for His strength. Message received, " I am going to be strong!" YES, I did! 
As I was pushing through my finish line, pulling out my phone to stop the timer, I also received a message to be aware of my key. But....I was on a role. I was finishing strong like planned and nothing was going to stop me! Well, once I came to a complete stop sure enough my key is gone. I stretch and circle my footsteps three times but, there were no keys. Just as defeat began to creep, I look up to see a man placing my key in the ground as seen above. What did I see...I thanked the man over and over again, but really I owed it to the cross that stood before me. 
"Just as the cross stood up in the foundation of the ground, I too can take hold of my cross and stand tall in my foundation..." "my foundation of God, for all else is like quick-sand." I go to my car, turn it on to another message through song. Message received, " God ask how I am doing, and I am doing fine." I find my peace through song and my heart is pressed upon by God. "I am forever blessed, beautiful, and can find balance!"  PRAISE GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment