Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Internal Struggles









So, today I was faced with one of my internal struggles.  Even though I know in my heart and through my faith that God has a plan, my emotions ache for my daughters obstacles.
I speak of my daughter having been born with a cleft lip. When it all started, we were told how minor and lucky we were with her case. However, our hearts continue to ache with new obstacles that come her way. Reflecting upon the past and her possible future, the obstacles are not the unexpected. But, it is that spiritual struggle to surrender and find peace in the moment we receive more news of what is to come.
Searching for contentment, desiring to keep my mind occupied, and knowing cleaning house results in pleasure, I went on a vigorous cleaning spree.


"...for I have learned, in whatever state I am in, to be content." (Phil 4:11)
"Wow God, how close can you get..." A bible verse that I hold dear to my heart and that is on my blog, you can find in (Phil 4:13). "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."


Sometimes God speaks to us through other ways...I also encountered a sad story of a high school boy who was just killed in a car accident close by. So, I see things could be worse and I have learned the outcome of letting go. I know, I know I need to open my wound, let God, and find peace...
But right now my heart aches and I really wish I could save my daughter from such obstacles!

No comments:

Post a Comment