Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ordinary Nature Can Enlighten



"Seek, Discover, Embrace, and Live." Yesterday I did my training in Bush Park, surrounded by nature. As I was running, I explored my environment opening my mind and heart to discovery.
I noticed how all the trees that sourounded me, were shooting straight upward. I looked through the forest and saw nothing but tree trunks packed together like sardines. Through reflection, I embraced extroidinary Biology. And where did Biology begin...God. How amazing He is.
I remembered studying and teaching about light being one of the plant life's source of survival. That is when God spoke. What great symbolism! As humans, one of our great sources of life is the sun. We receive energy from our sun. But, even better...our ultimate source of life is from the light of God, himself. So, just as trees or plants grow toward the direction of light...we too should be in constant movement toward God for the celebration of Life.
Light and Darkness
As I ran through the forest surrounded by trees, a darkness loomed with little light coming through breaks here and there. Amongst the darkness, I could not see through the trees to the other side. I could look ahead but, still I could not be assured of what was to come. Once I came to my turning point, as I turned around and got closer to my finish, I saw light shining bright. As mentioned, I like to finish strong. What was more enviting was the light at the finish line.
Once I arrived at the finish line, there was the bright light. Not only could I see what was ahead of me and all around me but, I was enlightened with more wisdom. I saw my shadow. It was another symbol and meaning behind light and darkness. We can only find a shadow in the midst of light. God spoke again. Being born into Original Sin, we are all sinners. We are all surrounded by a world of sin, yet light still reigns and gives life. It is our choice to feed into the one we want more. Do we want the darkness of sin? Just like the darkness that loomed in the forest...one can get lost easily, be filled with uncertaintity, and/or fear.
We also have a choice of light. Light to which guides us, loves us, energizes us, and leads us
out of darkness. Light is of God. God wants us to be liberated from the holdbacks of darkness.
The shadow is who we are. Which one do we want more? A life of darkness: disillusion, emptiness, brokenness, a constant void, alienation from true love..."the shadow"
A life of Light: comprehension of unconditional love, happiness, liberation, transformation, personal holiness, better version of you, creativity, celebration, hope, trust, and your unique journey of salvation..."the light"
"Open your heart, mind, and arms wide." Do not let a day pass without embracing it to it's fullest!
Don't get me wrong...Just like that shadow that exist, each day can be a struggle. But, God gives us a choice. And when we choose light, sometimes what comes clearer to us, we may not like...but, it is in that walk of faith where certaintity exist. God is adventurous and He always knows best. It is always in His timing and not ours.
Life is a opportunity to celebrate. What will we celebrate? Take time to adjust our compass in life. Listen attentively, and make a choice for a better-you.
Blessings to all. Hope you can enjoy the enlightenment I received from our ordinary nature that surrounds us. "Even the ordinary can be extroidinary!"

"Come to me (God) who hunger, and you will hunger no more."
"Come to the waters, you who thirst, and you will thirst no more."
PEACE BE WITH YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment